Finally there is some great news for all Motorola Triumph users looking to install / flash CyanogenMod 7 Android 2.3 Gingerbread custom ROM on their device. An unofficial CM 7 port, in alpha stages, is now available for download. The credit for cooking this delicious bacon for Triumph goes to Genesis3 at XDA forums. Like all initial ROM ports, there are certain aspects that don’t work after you install this ROM on your phone.
Apparently the ROM isn’t meant for faint at heart as one might encounter countless bugs and force closures. Here is an estimated list of what actually works after you flash this unofficial CM 7 ROM on your Motorola Triumph:
- Sound And Audio Playback
- DSP Manager
- Primary Camera [Back Camera]
And here’s what is known to be broken in this ROM:
- Front Camera
- Wired Headset
According to some users the phone refuses to comeback from sleep at times. At moments like these, battery-pull restart might be your only option.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- The first step is to make sure that you complete all the pre-requisites mentioned in requirements section above.
- Now download CM 7 ROM for Triumph from the link provided in requirements section.
- Once done, connect your phone to the computer, mount SD Card and copy the downloaded ROM zip file to SD Card root.
- After you are done copying the zip file, reboot your phone in ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Once in the recovery, make a Nandroid backup.
- Now do a complete wipe using Wipe / Factory Reset option in recovery.
- After you are done, flash / install CM 7 ROM from “install zip from SD Card”.
- Once the installation is complete, restart your phone.
And bingo! You are now running unofficial CyanogenMod 7 on your triumph. As this is still in alpha, so please use this link to get the updated version as soon as it becomes available. You can also use the same link to request support or to say thanks for this awesome work.