Myn’s Warm TwoPointTwo is an HTC Sense based Android ROM for the HTC EVO 4G with a stunning themed interface, loads of extra goodies and several performance tweaks. If you are an HTC EVO 4G user who is tired of the default interface and stock features and wants to upgrade to a more feature rich Android 2.2 FroYo ROM, read on for details, download link and installation instructions.
Brought to you by XDA-Developers forum member myn, this ROM packs tons of features and one of the prettiest interface we have seen on a Sense ROM for the EVO 4G. What we love best about it is the way the launcher icons are made to match the circular touch buttons of the device. Quoted from the developer’s original post, following are some of the key features of this ROM:
- New Base – Official HTC 3.30.651.3 With 184.108.40.206-g59b9e50 #17 Kernel
- Total overhaul of framework optimizing for speed. The fastest release yet!
- Added Power Controls in notification pulldown (Thanks JsChiSurf, DJZager and HeyItsLou)
- Added Hulu (Optional install)
- New Warm themed Market
- New default keyboard – Warm themed EVO HTC_IME (With arrows) (Thanks to DJZager – This guy is on fire)
- HTC_IME_MOD from RLS 3 is available as optional install
- New optional kernel designed for Warm TwoPointTwo by Ziggy471 (Thanks Ziggy471)
- Browser modified so text reflow is disabled when using pinch-to-zoom (Thanks Calkulin and SNQ)
- New font DarkStar/Coconut (Available as optional install)
- Brand new custom Boot Animation and dropped the boot sound (Thanks wrx4memp)
- WarmDesire FlipClock by Gomorrah (Available as optional install)
- Faster boot time
- Updated Rom Manager to 220.127.116.11
- Updated Sprint Football Live to 2.2.44
- Fixed debug icons appearing in Calendar app while using LauncherPro
- Updated Wireless Tether to 2.0.5 Pre14
- Sync / Charging titlebar icons now animated
- USB Debugging titlebar notification icon removed
- Updated Adobe Flash to 10.1.105.6
- Rom update now forces recursive delete of CACHE during install/update
- Updated Google Maps/Navigation to 4.7.0
- Other minor bug fixes
- And much much more..
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
To install this ROM to your device, download it from the link given below, copy it to your phone’s SD card and flash it from recovery after taking a nandroid backup and wiping all data, cache and dalvik cache. If you don’t know how to do any of this, refer to our guide on how to flash an Android ROM from recovery.
There are also a lot of extra goodies available for this ROM including stock and custom fonts, transparent title bar, themed launcherPro, a battery tweak, swype theme, lock screen, browser, Gingerbread keyboard and launcher, alternative boot screens, alternative kernels and more. Just head over to the XDA-Developers forum thread for all these goodies, future updates, bug reports and feature requests.