The Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 has just received an Android 2.3.1 Gingerbread custom ROM that attempts to replicate the GUI theme of the Xperia Arc. The theme, named TripNArc has been developed by XDA-Developers forum member, TripNRaVeR. Not yet fully developed, the ROM is a work in progress and there are a few known bugs. However, it is stable enough for use despite some of the bugs. Read on for more information on this ROM and instructions on how you can install it on your Xperia X10.
- Incoming and Outgoing calls
- Wi-fi. (phew!)
- Bluetooth connectivity
What’s not fucntional:
- No sound output at the moment
- Camera is buggy.
Below are a few screenshots of the ROM in action and we must say it looks good. Pictures courtesy of TripNRaver.
Now that you know what you’re dealing with, let’s get this ROM up and running on your device.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Rooted Xperia X10. See our guide on how to root the Xperia X10
- xRecovery installed on your device. See our guide on how to install xRecovery on the Xperia X10.
- USB cable.
- Download TripNArc. Copy the files to the root of your SD card.
- Reboot into xRecovery by pressing the back button a few times immediately when you see the white Sony Ericsson logo.
- Make a nandroid backup.
- Wipe data/factory reset.
- Wipe cache and wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Choose ‘install zip from sdcard’ and choose the ROM you downloaded.
- After the installation is complete, reboot your device.
Now when your phone reboots, it will will prompt you with a few errors. Relax, those show up on the first boot alone. To get rid of them, go to Applications > Development > Select ‘bad behavior’ and then select ‘crash system_server’.
There you go, your Xperia X10 is good to go! For queries and updates, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers. Do let us know how this ROM faired for you.