Sprint Epic 4G Touch is the hottest Android phone in the US at the moment. This phone is basically Samsung Galaxy S II branded as Epic 4G Touch on Sprint. The phone has a massive developer and support base already and root on this phone was achieved within hours of it’s release. As the development for this phone continues, there is now a custom Kernel that not only gives you root and ClockworkMod Recovery, but also oveclocks your phone to a whooping 1.6 GHz. For those who don’t know, Overclocking is an integral part of this “Android Globe” and is “religiously” done to enhance phone’s performance.
The ZedoMax Epic Touch overclocking kernel for Epic 4G Touch comes from Android Creative Syndicate. Android Creative Syndicate is a group of able developers who are responsible for gaining root on Samsung Epic 4G Touch. This custom kernel is basically released to stabilize battery life of the phone and enhance the overall performance of the device for a better user experience.
The primary features of ZedoMax custom kernel for Epic 4G Touch are:
- ClockworkMod Recovery
- Overclock Up to 1.6 GHz
- Performance Enhancement without the need of Overclocking
- Flashing this kernel has enabled some early testers to get a 4000+ quadrant score
Here is the step by step guide to install this kernel on your phone via ODIN:
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- The first step is to download KIES and install it on your computer.
- Once the installation is complete, exit KIES [as you now have the drivers to run ODIN glitch-free] and download and unpack ODIN. Link to direct download is available in requirements section above.
- After you are done downloading and unzipping ODIN, download the kernel file from requirements section and save it in the same folder you unzipped ODIN.
- Now click on Odin3 V1.85 to launch the application.
- Power off your phone completely and reboot it whole holding volume down button simultaneously with home and power buttons.
- After you are in the download mode, connect your phone to the computer via USB cable that came with your phone.
- You should now see COM 20 port highlighted with yellow in ODIN application windows. Only leave Auto Reboot checked and uncheck all other options.
- Now click on PDA tab and select the kernel tar file you downloaded and copied to ODIN folder earlier.
- After you have selected the file, click on Start.
- Now sit back and relax while ODIN flashes this kernel on your phone.
- After the procedure is complete, your phone will auto reboot.
- If you want to overclock, download SetCPU from Market and follow in-app details to overclock or undervolt your phone.
And there you go! In case you are facing any issues or need hands on developer support, then head to the ACS XDA kernel thread.