Although Android has a huge development community but it is also a fact that development is highly fragmented. This means that normally you don’t find a tweak, ROM, hack etc. that comes packaged all your desired features and you have to flash / install them on by one. Sahha, XDA member, has done some effort to change the concept altogether as he has developed a custom script that addresses multiple issues and brings awesome features on Xepria Arc.
The script is named as zipIT V1 and comes with following features:
- Roots Your Xperia Arc
- RAM Tweaks
- Beefed Up Internet Speed
- Battery Saving Tweak
- Arabic Language Enabled
- Scroll Tweak
- Enhance Cache Size For Better Read Speed
- Increment In Touch Responsiveness
And there are some other tweaks on board that will help you optimize your overall Xperia Arc experience. In order to install this script on your phone, you must have root on your device with an unlocked bootloader and a custom DoomKernel V10 empowering your system. You also need ClockworkMod Recovery in-order to flash this script on your phone.
Here is the step by step guide to install ZipIT V1 script on your Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc:
- The first step is to make sure that you have root on your phone and you are running latest Android 2.3.4 update with unlocked bootloader and Doomkernel V10. You can use AddictiveTips search bar to find rooting method and click here for Doom Kernel V10.
- Now download and install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Xperia Arc following the instructions posted in this thread.
- Once you have recovery on board, download ZipIT VI script for Xperia Arc and save it on your phone’s SD Card.
- Now reboot your phone in recovery.
- Once in the recovery mode, use install Zip from Sd Card to flash / install ZipIT VI script on your phone.
- After you are done flashing the file, reboot your phone.
And there you go! You now have ZipIT V1 script running on your phone. In case you don’t see any chance or are facing some other issue, then head to the official XDA thread to seek live developer support.