iOS 5 Gold Master was made available couple of hours back for developers following “Let’s Talk iPhone” keynote address. iOS Dev Team member, MuscleNerd, has just tweeted that iOS 5 Gold Master [GM] is jailbreakable via Redsn0w.The jailbreak for now will be tethered meaning that you will need to apply jailbreak every time the device is rebooted. iOS 5 GM is installable on iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad and iPod Touch and Redsn0w is able to jailbreak all of these devices after iOS 5 GM is installed.
Here is what MuscleNerd has to say about this jailbreak of iOS 5 GM via Redsn0w:
Here is the step by step guide to jailbreak iPhone 4 / 3GS, iPod Touch 4G and iPad 1st Generation / iPad 2 on iOS 5 Gold Master. Please note that this guide is only intended for users who have access to iOS 5 GM. Also note that if you rely on a carrier unlock after Jailbreak, then stay away from this one.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- The first step is to download iOS 5 GM from here and save it on your desktop.
- Once done, connect your iPhone to the computer, launch iTunes and restore iOS 5 GM on your iDevice using the Shift+Restore option.
- After you are done with restoring iOS 5, download Redsn0w Jailbreak for iOS 5 GM from here, extract the archive and save the files on your desktop.
- Once done, download iOS 5 Beta 7 IPSW for your iDevice from here and save it on your desktop,.
- Now launch Resn0w and click on Extras tab right under Jailbreak button.
- In the Extras, click on Select IPSW and select iOS 5 Beta 7 to deploy jailbreak on iOS 5 GM.
- After this, click on the back button followed by clicking the Jailbreak tab.
- On the resulting screen, select Install Cydia option and then click Next.
- Now follow the onscreen instructions closely to make your phone enter DFU mode.
- Once you phone is in DFU mode, Limera1n exploit will be deployed and you will end up with a jailbroken iDevice running iOS 5 GM [Gold Master].