In case you are using HTC Sensation, Inspire 4G or Desire HD and want your GPS to lock under 10 seconds, then there is some great news for you. Senior XDA member, crypted, has developed a GPS optimization scripts that initially improved GPS locking in North America and was later made compatible to support worldwide geographic locations. Majority of the users who have deployed this patch on their HTC devices have managed to get GPS lock within 10 seconds.
On average this patch engages 7 to 9 satellites and some users have also confirmed 11 satellites being locked at once. In order to install / flash this AGPS Patch on your HTC Sensation, Desire HD or inspire 4G, you must be root with ClockworkMod Recovery installed. You can use the search bar on our site to find detailed rooting and ClockworkMod flashing instructions for these devices.
Here are the step by step instructions to download and View in galleryinstall AGPS Patch on your HTC Sensation, Desire HD or Inspire 4G:
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- The first step is to download AGPS Patch for your phone [Sensation, Desire HD / Inspire 4G] and save the zip file on your desktop.
- Once done, connect your phone to the computer, mount SD Card or SD Ext and copy the downloaded file to your SD Card root.
- After this reboot your phone in ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Once in the recovery, go to “Mounts and Storage” and Mount /System Partition.
- After this go to recovery main menu and flash / install the patch using “Flash Zip From SD Card” Option.
- Once the patch is installed / flashed, reboot your device.
Now download GPS Status from Market and counter check if your GPS location is getting locked within the time claimed. In case you are facing any issues or want to help the developer with donations and / or feedback, please head to the official XDA development thread posted here.