View in galleryThe Asus Eee Pad Transformer is beginning to show some real promise. It was rooted as soon as it arrived on the scene and then we had it overclocked to 1.6Ghz giving an already powerful tablet the ability to thwart off it’s competition. While the Motorola XOOM was the first to receive the Android 3.1 Honeycomb update, the Transformer has followed up quickly. With OTA updates to follow in no time, we’re not surprise that the update has already been leaked. Read on to update your Transformer to 3.1.
The 3.1 update to Honeycomb brings about some performance fixes, an enhanced app switcher, resizable widgets, and some improvements to the keyboard dock.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- To begin download the update from the download link above and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Once done, make sure that your device is plugged into the power mains or has over 50% battery left. Power the device off.
- Press both the Volume Down key and the Power key at the same and keep them pressed till you see a ROM boot screen.
- You will be advised to press the Volume Up key in under 5 seconds to start the ROM update process. Do that and wait till the device updates and reboots.
- When the device reboots, you will be notified in 5 minutes that the docking station has a firmware update available to version 0209. Follow the on-screen instructions and update the docking station. The device will reboot again.
That’s it! Your Transformer tablet should now be running Android 3.1 Honeycomb.