We have confirmation that the Motorola Droid X has just received the much famous MIUI ROM for itself. Even better, it is the latest 1.7.22 version that we’re talking about. It has been a long time coming, but that does not matter anymore now, for Droid X owners can finally enjoy the goodness of MIUI ROMs straight from the developers at MIUI.US. The ROM has been built from CM7 Nightlies, and MIUI.US MIUI translation.
Credits to Framework43, MIUI.us Staff, n_i_x, stiffspliff, jamezelle, Webst3r, BrentBuild, raymonddull and tb110895.
With the latest MIUI release being based on Android 2.3.4, these ROMs are known for their elegance and powerful functionality. If you’re not familiar with MIUI ROMs, you should see our guide on what is MIUI ROM for Android. If you understand what these ROMs are all about and have been following the updates and all, you can see a complete list of changes and features at the
official changelog (old changelogs not available anymore).
Here’s how you can get this ROM up and running on your Droid X.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- You must be on CyanogenMod 7 or running a .340 Froyo ROM. See here for our guide on installing CM7 on the Droid X | or installing rooted 2.2 Froyo
- Koush’s Droid X Bootstrap installed. (Download form the Market)
MIUI 1.7.22(old versions not available anymore)
- To begin, download the ROM from the link above and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Launch Bootstrap on your phone and press Bootstrap Recovery in the application.
- Once this is done, reboot your Droid 2 into recovery by pressing Reboot Recovery.
- Make a Nandroid backup.
- Navigate to Mount System and select it.
- Once the system is mounted, wipe data and wipe cache.
- Now select choose zip from sdcard and choose the ROM copied to your SD card.
- Let the ROM flash, and once done, repeat Step 6.
- Now reboot your device and cross your fingers!
For updates and queries, visit the forum thread at MIUI.US.