View in galleryGalaxy Nexus gets MIUI! Earlier we covered a post on the ICS based MIUI ROM for the Nexus S and Nexus S fans scrambled to get their hands on that ROM. Guess what, it’s the Galaxy Nexus’ turn to enjoy some MIUI goodness while retaining the ICS functions. Named ViciousMIUI, the ROM is an unofficial MIUI build for the Galaxy Nexus but is in fact quiet stable with a lot of functions working quite nicely. For more on the ROM and how you can instal it on your device, read on!
Stuff like calls, call audio in and out, 3G and 4G, SMS, MMS (works when receiving an MMS but you can’t send an MMS yet from internal storage because it can’t find it yet), ADB, ADB remount and Wi-Fi are working.
That said, softkeys, internal storage are broken for now. ROM Manager finds the internal storage and is usable but still says, error no SD or the camera doesn’t find it etc. The developer is fixing these issues as we speak.
Images below, courtesy of the developer.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted Galaxy Nexus. See our guide on rooting the Galaxy Nexus.
- ClockworkMod recovery installed. See our guide on installing ClockworkMod recovery on the the Galaxy Nexus.
- ViciousMIUI ROM Alpha 2.
- To begin, download the ROM and copy it to the root of your SD card.Now reboot into recovery and make a Nandroid backup.
- Select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvick cache.
- Navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the ROM copied to your SD card.
- Once the ROM is chosen, it will be flashed to the device and will take a few minutes.
- When the ROM is installed, simply reboot your device.
For updates and queries, head over to the forum thread at XDA-Developers.