The Kindle Fire gets MIUI ROM! The device sure is on fire as it continues to receive massive developer support. The latest being the MIUI 1.12.29 ROM based on Android 2.3.7 Gingerbread, coming straight from XDA-Developers forum member leech2082. The only known bug so far is the inability to play videos, but hopefully this will soon be fixed.
If you have no clue why MIUI ROM is a big deal here for the Kindle Fire, you should see our complete review and walkthrough of MIUI. Images below courtesy of the developer.
Now that you understand what you’re dealing with, here’s how you can get this ROM up and running on your Kindle Fire.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted Kindle Fire with TWRP 2.0 recovery installed. See our guide on rooting and installing TWRP recovery via Kindle Fire Utility.
- MIUI for Kindle Fire.
- To begin, download the ROM from the link above and copy it to the root of the device’s SD card.
- Power of the device and boot into the recovery. (Power it on and when you see the yellow triangle on the screen, press and hold the Power button for a few seconds till the TWRP 2.0 recovery loads.)
- Now from the Backup section in the recovery, make a backup of your current system.
- Go back to the Home Screen and hit the Install button.
- You should now see the ROM on the right panel of the recovery’s window. Tap that and choose Flash to begin installation.
- Once the installation completes, simply reboot your device.
For updates and queries, head over to the forum thread at XDA-Developers.