View in galleryGalaxy SL gets MIUI ROM, thanks to the efforts of XDA-Developers forum member fuss132. The port is actually based on CyanogenMod 7 and is a Beta for now, with a few features broken for now. However, much of the basic and main functionality remains intact. More on the ROM and how you can install it on your Galaxy SL, after the break!
So what exactly is working you ask?
Calls, SMS, hardware acceleration + GPU support, Audio, Wi-Fi, SD card, Bluetooth, camera, vibration, MIUI app and MIUI lockscreen are all functioning flawlessly.
As for the bugs:
- GPS is not working.
- Sometimes Kernel panic (Just remove the battery and reboot).
- Hot Spots.
- Some MIUI apps not working: MIUI Stats, MIUI Settings (so CM7 Settings included).
- The framework in the first version is CM7 based and merged with MIUI components, so it´s like 70% CM7 and 30% (for now…) so other MIUI apps don´t work.
- Video recording with Camera in very bad quality.
- Some Apps FC.
Images and video below, courtesy of the developer.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted Galaxy SL running a Samsung Gingerbread ROM, not AOSP like CM7. See our guide on rooting the Galaxy SL.
- ClockworkMod recovery installed. See our guide on installing ClockworkMod recovery on the Galaxy SL.
- MIUI Port for Galaxy SL.
- To begin, download the ROM and copy it to the root of your SD card.Now reboot into recovery and make a Nandroid backup.
- Select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache.
- Navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the ROM copied to your SD card.
- Once the ROM is chosen, it will be flashed to the device and will take a few minutes.
- When the ROM is installed, simply reboot your device.
For updates and queries, head over to the forum thread at XDA-Developers.