There have been news circulating across the Internet about a Gingerbread leak for the Motorola Cliq 2 for quite a while now, including a screenshot. While we could only speculate, if and when that would actually hit the device for mass users, guess what? It is here. Yes, the Gingerbread leak has been released on the Internet and is up for download and installation. Credit for making all of this happen, goes to the Eccentric Vision Development Team which consists of XDA-Developers forum member tattedman and dlamber7. Please do note, that right now there is no root access available for this firmware, so if that matters to you, you would be better off if you waited out till root access is achieved. Otherwise, the ROM seems to be functioning as it should.
The firmware here to be exact, is v 2.0.84 and moving to it is actually quite simple a task. However, you do need to go through a few pre requisites to get some Gingerbread goodness on your phone. If the terms RSDLite and SBF make no sense to you, you should not be attempting this. Go and familiarize yourself with those first. If you’re familiar with the two, let’s get this Gingerbread firmware up and running on your device!
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Cliq 2 running a completely stock 1.1.30 firmware.
- Gingerbread firmware.
- To begin, download the firmware from the link above and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Enter recovery by holding down the X key and Power button till you an Android and an exclamation mark.
- Close the keyboard and press the Volume keys and Camera button.
- Using the volume keys, navigate to wipe Data/Factory Reset and select it using the power key.
- Do the same for Wipe Cache and then select, Apply update.zip to begin flashing the Gingerbread firmware.
For updates and queries related to this firmware, head over to the forum thread at XDA-Developers.