View in galleryWant to use your Android phone as your GPS device and get directions on it as you travel, but hate the fact that the feature isn’t available outside the US, and you don’t live in the US? You can now use Google Maps to navigate anywhere in the world on your Android phone, thanks to a free, modified version of the Google Maps app – Brut Google Maps. Want to learn more about this hacked app and the features it offers? Can’t wait to get it up and running on your Android device? Read on for all the details and the installation instructions.
Before we move on to the installation process, let’s take a look at the features offered by Brut Google Maps:
- Navigate worldwide using Google Maps Directions
- Support for saving offline map tile cache on your SD card
- Multi-touch support
- No more map shift issues experienced in China
- Zoom buttons can be shown or hidden
- Doesn’t require root access
- Can co-exist side-by-side with the stock Google Maps app
This application is highly useful in case you rely on your phone for navigation while travelling, driving or commuting. This application is installable on rooted as well as unrooted devices and should be compatible with every Android version.
Had enough details and want to get it on your phone ASAP? Here is the step by step guide on installing this app on your Android phone:
- First of all, download Brut Google Maps APK and save it to your computer.
- Now connect your phone to the computer and mount its SD card for USB storage.
- Copy the downloaded APK file to your SD card, and unmount the USB storage mode afterwards.
- Next, Launch Market on your phone and install any File Manager of your choice. Astro File Manager or ES File Explorer are two decent options. You may skip this step if you already have a file manager installed.
- Now launch the file manager and tap on the APK file of Brut Google Maps. This will begin the installation process.
- Confirm any prompt you get. The app will now install.
That’s it – you should now have Brut Google Maps mod up and running on your Android device. Just launch the app and you are all set to navigate worldwide for free using a multi-touch enabled interface.
You can refer to this XDA thread in case you face any difficulty with installation, want to follow its development progress, or want to contact the developer.