View in galleryWe have confirmation that a Gingerbread SBF for the Verizon MB870 Droid X2 has been leaked on the internet. The file is based on Android 2.3.3 Blur_Version.1.3.232.MB870.Verizon.en.US and is for those who wish to quickly get the original Gingerbread firmware up and running on their devices. An other purpose that SBF packages serve is to unbrick soft bricked Motorola Devices. So if you’re looking forward to this for any one of those reasons, you’re looking in the right place.
However, we must point out that once you upgrade your Droid X2 to this SBF (Gingerbread) you may not be able to downgrade back to 2.2 Froyo. Attempts like this in the past have caused the Motorola Atrix 4G to hardbrick and become nothing more then a useless paper weight. So if you wish to flash this, be very certain that you will not be needing to go back to Froyo. Well, you can’t be sure but you have been warned.
So how to flash this to your phone? Let us tell you how.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- To begin, download RSD Lite and the drivers from the link above and consequently install the drivers.
- Download the Gingerbread SBF package and extract it.
- Power off the phone and then hold the Volume Up key and Power button together till you see RSD at the top of the screen.
- Now, launch RSD Lite on your PC and click the “…” button next to the box labeled Filename.
- Choose the SBF file you extracted from the Gingerbread SBF download.
- Plug the device to the PC via USB and RSD Lite should recognize the device.
- Hit the Start button and sit back and relax as the files are flashed to your phone.
- Once the files are flashed and the phone reboots, it may require activation again.
That’s it! Hopefully if you tried this on a soft bricked phone, it was revived through this SBF file. For updates and queries, head over to the forum thread at XDA-Developers.