View in galleryEarlier we covered a One Click Root for the Nexus S via Superbot. While that was convenient that tool was proving to be unsuccessful for some users and there was a need for an updated tool. XDA-Developers forum member Borky_16 has released an easy root tool for all your Nexus S users, which not only roots your device, but allows you to install ClockworkMod recovery on it in one go as well! That is pure awesomeness for an awesome phone.
This One Click Root tool is meant for all Nexus S models (i9020A, I9020T and I9023) and uses ClockworkMod recovery as found in ROM Manager. The package includes the drivers as well, for both 32bit Windows and 64bit.
The script will attempt to unlock the bootloader as well, so it WILL wipe your Data and SD card. Using the tool is pretty simple as it is an automated script and all you need to do is connect your Nexus S to the PC with USB debugging enabled and run the script. Didn’t get it? We’ll make it easier for you.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- To begin, download the One Click Root tool and SitckyRecovery Script from the links above and extract the One Click Root tool.
- Copy StickyRecovery to the folder where you extract the One Click Root tool.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your device and then connect it to the PC via USB.
- Run the file run.bat (as admin) to root your device and install the recovery and wait for the process to complete.
- Once done, run the file named stickyrecovery.bat to make the recovery stick after a reboot. Wait till the device reboots, then your recovery will stick.
For updates and queries, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.