We have confirmation that the latest 18.104.22.168 OTA update for the Transformer Prime has now been rooted! Even better, it is a one click solution so even the most novice of users, who grabbed the latest OTA update that Asus pushed out, can now root their device in no time at all. The One Click solution is brought to us by XDA-Developer forum member –viperboy- who released this very tool a while back for rooting the earlier firmware, but now, the tool has been updated to work on the latest OTA, that is the 22.214.171.124. Further credits to Saurik for coming up with the root method for the latest OTA. The tool will work for both Windows and Linux.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Root for Windows | For
- To begin, download the root package from the inks above and extract the contents. (Make sure the drivers are installed.)
- Kill Asus Sync and Splashtop.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on the device and connect it to the PC.
- Now simply run PrimeTime.exe and you will see a command lime prompt.
- Simply choose and option and you will be good to go!
- Once done, simply install the OTA Root Keeper from the Android Market.
For updates and queries, head over to the
forum thread at XDA-Developers.