View in galleryThe Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 has recently received a an OC kernel with Voodoo Sound 07182011. Even better, the overclock is massive, at 1.6Ghz and goes on to allow you to control the voltage as well. So you have, an overclock at 1.6Ghz, voltage control and the famous Voodoo sound mod which should make any Galaxy Tab 10.1 owner excited. However, it should be noted, that this is meant for the Wi-Fi model only.
Credit goes to RootzWiki forum member poitee who developed this kernel with the help of Pershoot for allowing him to cherry-pick the overclocking code and supercurio for the Voodoo Sound. The kernel uses the base of a Samsung GT-I7510 and along with the overclocking features, also gives you some low memory tweaks and support for the XBOX 360 controller. The developer will be adding more governors for CPU scaling in an update, so stay tune for that.
As for installing this on your Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi, it’s a fairly simple task. We shall show you why.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted Galaxy Tab 10.1. See our guide on rooting the Galaxy Tab 10.1.
- ClockworkMod recovery installed. Install via ROM Manager from the Android Market.
- OC kernel.
- To begin, download the kernel from the link above and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Reboot into recovery and select, install zip from sdcard.
- Select choose zip from sdcard and choose the kernel you copied to the SD card.
- Once the kernel is flashed, select reboot now.
For updates and queries regarding this kernel, head over to the forum thread at RootzWiki.