View in galleryThe Jetstream tablets gets jet powered to a staggering 2 Ghz thanks to renowned developer DooMLoRD of XDA-Developers and his custom kernel release for the device. Credit also goes to bmw-boy, nmyseteroious & Russ741 for testing this kernel out on their devices. So what does this kernel offer? More on it after the break.
Features of the kernel:
- CPU overclocked to 2.052 Ghz.
- CPU underclocked to 192 Mhz.
- GPU overclocked to 320 Mhz.
- For safe booting CPU is capped at bootup to 1.536GHz/384MHz (max/min)
slightly undervolted (atleast for stock frequencies).
- Uses LZMA compression.
- Added lots of fixing/patches (including CPU HOTPLUG notifications/CPU unaligned access) thanks to faux132.
- VDD CPU voltage control (@ /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/vdd_table/vdd_levels).
- Compiled using Snapdragon optimizations.
- PERFLOCK disabled.
- SWAP enabled.
- Enabled few file systems support: NTFS, NFS & CIFS.
- Insecure kernel (ro.secure=0 & USB debugging enabled by default).
- /system mounted as RW.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted HTC Jetstream. See our guide on rooting the Jetstream.
- ADB installed on your system. See our guide on what is ADB and how to install it.
- VDD control app: IncrediControl.
- NoFrills CPU Control (Free) or SetCPU (Paid).
- Wifi Module.
- To begin, download the kernel and Wifi module (zip file) from the link above and copy it to the root of your external SD card.
- Connect the device to a PC.
- Copy the kernel image to the location of fastboot.exe in the Android SDK.
- Reboot the device into fastboot mode and open command prompt or a terminal to enter the following command:
fastboot flash boot kernelname.img fastboot reboot adb reboot recovery
- Once the device reboots into recovery wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache.
- Navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the WiFi module.
- Once installed, simply reboot the device.
For updates and queries, head over to the forum thread at XDA-Developers.