View in galleryHonestly who would have though the Ideos X6 was capable of leaping to a massive, 2Ghz overclock. We’re talking about a budget oriented phone here after all. This comes in from XDA-Developer Napstar who developed a custom kernel for the device that was then overclocked to 2Ghz. Credit also goes to XDA-Developers forum member DoomLoRD.
The developer has released quite a few iterations of the kernel, which are specific to the ROM you may be running on your device. There’s a kernel for Stock and most custom ROMs, CyanogenMod ROM, edowar’s release and MIUI ROMs. You can head over to the forum thread to download the kernel specific to your ROM and also check out all the changes that have been made to the kernel over time.
Images below, courtesy of the developer.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted Ideos X6. See our guide on rooting the X6.
- ClockworkMod recovery installed. See our guide on installing ClockworkMod recovery on the Ideos X6.
- Kernel you downloaded from the forum thread linked above.
- To begin, download the kernel and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Reboot the device into recovery and make a Nandroid backup.
- Select wipe cache and wipe dalvick cache.
- Navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the zip file.
- Once the file is flashed, simply reboot your device.
For updates and queries, head over to the forum thread at XDA-Developers.