Couple of days back we introduced you to the first custom ROM for LG Optimus Black called Nova Version 1. Although we don’t follow-up on these standalone ROMs unless they are something big like CM, Oxygen or MIUI, but improvements in latest release have pushed us to construct another post for this one. The new Features of Nova, now called Nova 1.7.28, are immense and help users in further enhancing and optimizing their everyday experience on their Optimus Black.
As Nova still carries Android 2.2.2 Froyo as base, so we might not be able to see crumbs from Gingerbread coming very soon to this one. The one feature that has got us by surprise is integration of an overclock / undervolt script that let’s you unleash the real power of your phone by increasing or optimizing phone processor speeds. Although OC is now formally a part of Nova ROM. but you can’t really use apps like SetCPU to OC or UV. This is due to non compatibility of OMAP processor devices with these apps.
The new version of Nova for Optimus Black is based on Android 2.2.2 Froyo V10BN EUR base. It is View in gallerypowered by Quasar kernel V2.6.32.x and comes integrated with extra Honeycomb themes and bootanimation. The partition of this phone has been upgraded to EXT 4 and OC / UV speeds are kept at stock for speed and battery life.
Here is the step by step guide to install Nova 1.7.28 custom ROM on Optimus Black with Overclock Module on board:
Please note that you will need to have root on your device along with custom CWM recovery installed to attempt this procedure.
- Instructions To Root LG Optimus Black With Gingerbreak
- Instructions To Flash ClockworkMod Recovery on Optimus Black
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
1. Download Nova Android Custom ROM for LG Optimus Black. Currently there are two version available one of which is for fresh first time install and other is meant for users already running previous version of Nova.
2. Copy the ROM file to your SD Card root.
3. Reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery, Wipe Data/Cache and use onscreen instructions to flash this ROM zip file.
4. After the flashing is complete and your phone normally reboots, head to the Overclocking thread to get instructions on Overclocking and undervolting your device.
And there you go! You now have the newest version of Nova custom ROM on your Optimus Black that provides you with capability to Overclock and Undervolt your device.