In case you are an LG Revolution owners looking to perform different hacks and mods on your device then you can start with porting Android AOSP Lockscreen on your phone. Many LG Revolution owners aren’t happy with stock lock screen and once the root is public, there is no point sticking to same old junk. Replacing lock screen is one small step to discovering the huge potential this device carries.
In order to port AOSP Android Lockscreen on your LG Revolution, here is what you need to do:
- The first step is to make sure that you have root privileges on your device. You can follow our detailed LG Revolution rooting guide posted here for more details.
- Once you are sure that you have proper and permanent root access on your phone, head to this XDA thread and install compatible version of ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Now download Android AOSP lockscreen zip file from here and save the file on your desktop.
- Now connect your phone to the computer, mount SD card as flash drive and copy the zip to SD Card root.
- Once done, power off your device and reboot while holding Volume Down button along with Power until the LG logo appears.
- After you are in CWM recovery main menu, scroll down to Install Zip From SD Card and select the zip file you earlier copied from resulting menu.
- Now flash / install the zip following onscreen instructions and reboot your device after the flashing / installation process is complete.
- Reboot your device from recovery main menu and you will now have the all new AOSP Lockscreen on your phone.
- If you want to revert back to stock Lockscreen, then download the zip file from here and flash it through Recovery.
For more information on this mod, please visit the official XDA thread posted here.