Samsung Galaxy S II is a wonderful dual-core Android phone that has managed to gather a huge fan base within months of its release. Although the phone is excellent, but native TouchWiz call logs also show SMS logs. For some it might be useful, but the majority doesn’t want their Text logs alongside their call records. Senior XDA member, Juffo, is out with a solution that helps you getting rid of SMS logs from Call Logs option available in TouchWiz launcher. The hack is only applicable on Samsung Galaxy S II phones with root and preferably running a fully deodexed custom ROM. The tweak basically tinkers with Logsprovider.apk and disallows any SMS / Text logs appear along with call logs.
Here is the step by step guide to remove SMS logging for Call Logs in your Samsung Galaxy S II:
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process
- The first step is to make sure that you have root on your device and are running a custom ROM that is dedoexed. You can head to the detailed rooting instructions present here. View in gallery
- Once you have root on your phone, download ES File Explorer from Market and install it on your phone.
- Now download the tweak file in zip format from here according to your current modem version.
- Once you have downloaded zip file, unzip is and extract modified Logsprovider.apk.
- Now connect your phone to the computer, mount SD Card and copy the extracted APK file to SD Card root.
- After you are done copying the file, disconnect your phone from the computer.
- Now launch ES File Explorer, tap on Menu button on your phone and select Settings option.
- Once the Settings menu open, scroll down to Root Explorer and Mount File System options. Enable both these options and then exit Settings menu.
- Now you can see all your SD Card files and folders in ES Explorer. Scroll down to Logsprovider.apk, long press the file and select “copy” in Operations menu.
- Once you have copied the file, tap on blue SD Card icon in ES Nav bar and you will now see all system folder and files.
- Now tap to open Systems folder followed by opening the app folder.
- After you are in the App folder, tap on your phone’s Menu button followed by tapping on Operations icon.
- Now select “Paste” option from Operations menu. This will paste the Logsprovider.apk file in the /System/App folder.
- After you are done moving the file, exit ES Explorer.
- Now reboot your phone.
- Once your phone reboots, send a text messages and see if the entry appears in Call Logs.
If the SMS, you just sent, didn’t appear in call log, then everything has worked as planned. In case you have a different result or you need more information regarding this tweak, then head to XDA thread linked in 3rd step.