In case you own an Infuse 4G and run a custom Gingerbread ROM, then you might have felt jittery video recording via phone’s camera. There’s nothing wrong with your hardware and its all due to FPS limitation that your videos turn up like this. Apparently Infuse 4G has a massive underground development community support at XDA and other Android forums / portals. EricNagel via Jep56, senior XDA member, has found a workaround to let your Infuse 4G capture video at 30 FPS. For those who don’t know, FPS stands for Frames Per Second and is generally associated with a video playback and capturing. More the FPS your phone’s camera has, better are chances that your video will be less jittery and good quality.
Apparently before the dawn of custom Gingerbread ROMs for Infuse 4G, video captures via phone’s View in gallerycamera was at 30 FPS. This method only restores it without tinkering with anything else. Here is the step by step guide to restore that 30FPS video recording rate on your Infuse 4G running custom Gingerbread ROM:
Some users have reported incompatibility of this method with certain Gingerbread custom ROMs. Please read through the XDA thread linked in last paragraph of this post before attempting this method. AddictiveTips won’t be liable if you end-up in losing your data on phone or brick it.
- The first step is to download the fix file in zip format from here and save it on your desktop for ease of access.
- Now download ES File Explorer from Market and enable System Mount and read / write permissions from settings.
- After this unzip the archive you earlier downloaded to desktop.
- Now connect your phone to the computer, mount SD Card and copy the 4 .SO files to SD Card root.
- Once done, launch ES File explorer and copy these 4 .SO files to /System/Lib folder on your phone.
- After you are done placing the files at the right spot, reboot your device.
If everything went as planned and you are on a compatible Gingerbread Custom ROM, then you should be able to capture videos @ 30 FPS now. If that’s not the case, then head to the official XDA thread posted here for support, information and feedback.