We have confirmation that the Revolutionary tool, which spread like a wildfire amongst HTC Android devices users for gaining S-Off, has been updated to 0.4 and now supports a handful of new devices, including the HTC EVO 3D GSM. Earlier we covered a guide on using Revolutionary for gaining S-Off on the EVO 3D, but that was the CDMA version of the phone. Those who have no clue what this Revolutionary tool is, it is a One Click solution to gain S-Off on most HTC devices enabling NAND write access, and is a collaborative effort between the developers of Unrevoked and AlphaRevX. For more information on it, you can head over to our post on the Revolutionary tool when it was just released.
While the CDMA version of the EVO 3D was quickly supported initially, the support for the GSM version of the EVO 3D comes in late, but hey, at least we have it, so no complaining about that. What’s more? Once you’re View in gallery done with this tool, you will alos have ClockworkMod recovery installed on the device. Yes all of this, all automated. How to go about all of it for your EVO 3D GSM? here’s how.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- HTC Fastboot drivers.
- Make sure HTC Sync is uninstalled.
- To begin, head over to the Revolutionary portal and download the tool for Windows.
- The download will commence and a form with varying fields will open. Do NOT close the page and wait for the download to complete.
- Meanwhile, connect the phone to the computer via USB and make sure USB Debugging is enabled. (Settings > Application > Development).
- Once downloaded, extract the contents and and run Revolutionary.exe.
- You will now see a serial number. Copy that and paste it into the field named Serial number in the webpage that was opened.
- Once the fields are completely entered hit the Generate button to be given a key.
- Copy that key and paste it at the relevant position in the terminal window.
- Let the tool do its thing, so wait patiently as your phone gains S-Off.
That’s it! If you do this right, you should have gained S-OFF on your device in no time and also gotten ClockworkMod recovery running on your phone when the tool prompted you to install it.