One click root for Transformer Prime on Ice Cream Sandwich is here! For those of you who have not updated to ICS yet dude to root concerns and those eagerly waiting to root the device on ICS, you can now do so, very easily. The method at hand is simple enough to be used by novice users as well. Credit goes to XDA-Developers forum member zedomax for bringing this wonderful tool out to the users of the Prime tablet. The script was based on sparkym3’s code, so credit goes out to him as well. If you have updated to the latest 22.214.171.124 firmware from Asus, this will not work for you.
The One Click root tool is meant for Windows, Linux and Mac, so that’s great to hear. This script fixes the su directory issue, puts su binaries under /system/bin and symbol links /system/xbin, the standard way of rooting Android.
Enough talk, let’s get our hands dirty.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- One Click Root (Windows)
- One Click Root (Linux & Mac)
- Make sure the USB drivers are installed. You can find the driver in the Root package.
- To begin, download the Root package for your OS from the link above and extract the contents.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in Settings > Application > Developers tools.
- Connect the device to the PC and if on Windows, simply run runme.bat.
- For Linux or Mac simply run runmelinux.sh or runmemac.sh respectively.
- You will now see a prompt like the one shown below, once everything is ready, simply hit any key to continue with the rooting process.
For updates and queries, head over to the forum thread at XDA-Developers.