Flashtool is an all-in-one tool for the Sony Ericcson Xperia X10 that lets you perform a range of advanced operations on your phone including flashing Android images, rooting, installing xRecovery, customizing a ROM and a lot more. Read on for a complete feature list and download details.
Flashtool deserves to be called the Swiss Army knife for the Xperia X10. Developed and released recently by XDA-Developers forum members Bin4ry and Androxyde, the latest 0.2.5 version allows you to perform pretty much any advanced operation you want on your phone. Here is a list of all it can do:
- Root your Xperia X10 running Android 2.1 Éclair.
- Flash an original Android 1.6 Donut or Android 2.1 Éclair image
- Install xRecovery,
- Install Busybox,
- Modify a ROM to exclude system apps before flashing,
- Clean all references to the removed system apps from the ROM,
- Customize the ROM with additional apps,
- Optimize with JIT v2 compiler and
- Edit the /system/build.prop file.
While Flashtool itself may not allow you to install custom ROMs as it only supports the official Android images, it does let you install xRecovery that you can use to install custom ROMs to your phone.
Using Flashtool is pretty straight-forward and the options are laid out very conveniently in the GUI buttons and menus. Just be careful to use the correct images and apps with it, and you should have no problems.
Flashtool works on Windows XP/Vista/7 and can be downloaded for free from the link given below.
Download Flashtool v0.2.5 for Sony Ericsson Xperia X10