View in gallerySamsung is trying to battle Apple head on with it’s variety of Android tablets. With the jailbreak for the iPad 2 still not out, Samsung has released quite a few versions of its new Galaxy Tab Plus, one of which, is the P6200 3G model. There’s never stopping an Android device from being rooted is there? So if you own one of these fantastic tablets, and want to root it, you can thank XDA-Developers forum member bdigitalstudio for figuring this method out.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- To begin, download the root.zip file from the link above and copy it onto the external SD card.
- Power off the device and reboot into recovery mode. (Hold down the Volume Up key and the Power button, letting go of the Power button as soon as you see the Samsung logo.)
- In the recovery select install update from external storage.
- Select the root.zip file and let it flash.
- Once the file is flashed, reboot the device.
- Now install Superuser from the Android Market and run the app to update the SU Binary.
- Lastly, install busybox from the Market, and run the app to install your chosen version.
That’s it! Your device should be completely rooted now, and allow you to use Titanium Backup and more root dependent apps. For updates and queries, head over to the forum thread at XDA-Developers.