View in galleryThe LTE Version of the Galaxy Tab 8.9 has finally been rooted. This breakthrough comes in from XDA-Developers forum member Da_G who has made rooting the device as easy as flashing a kernel a via ODIN. Once the kernel is flashed, you will have complete root access on the LTE enabled tablet.
Before we head straight onto the rooting instructions, you should know that this will void your warranty by tripping your Flash Counter. Now that you understand what you’re dealing with here, let’s get our hands dirty.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- To begin, download the kernel and ODIN from the link above.
- Extract the ODIN package and run ODIN.
- Hit the PDA button and browse to the downloaded kernel to select it.
- Make sure, Re-partition is unchecked in ODIN.
- Now put the tablet in Download mode by holding the Volume Up and Volume Down key along with the Power button, letting go of the power button as soon the device turns on. Hit the Volume Up key once the warning shows.
- Connect the device to the PC and once it shows connected in ODIN, hit the Start button to begin flashing the kernel.
- Once the kernel is flashed, the device will reboot itself.
You can now install the Superuser app from the Android Market and you\ll be good to go with your rooted Galaxy Tab 8.9 LTE.