For those of you looking to quickly root their Samsung Mesmerize i500, it couldn’t get any simpler! If you’re an experienced Android user, chances are that you must have come across SuperOneClick and probably know how awesome this tool is. The Mesmerize is a very potent phone with a Super AMOLED 4” display and the Hummingbird chipset, so rooting it is only fair.
If you’re not familiar with rooting, and are wondering why and if you need to root your Android device, see our guide on top 10 reasons to root your Android device. So if you feel it’s worth it, and considering that we can vouch for how easy it is to root your Mesmerize with SuperOneClick, here’s how you can do it.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Samsung USB drivers installed. Download drivers for 32bit Windows | 64bit Windows.
- SuperOneClick v1.9.5.
- To begin, download SuperOneClick from the link above and extract the contents.
- Connect your device via USB and make sure USB Debugging is enabled. (Settings > Applications > Development.)
- Run SuperOneClick on your computer and then hit the Root button.
- Wait for the process to finish, and once it does, hit the Allow Non Market Apps.
That’s it! Your Samsung Mesmerize should now be rooted.