Finally there is some good news for Nexus S 4G owners as there is a Single Click Root for this phone now available. Chris378, along with Android developer ShabbyPenguin, has developed this PC based rooting utility for Nexus S and Sprint Nexus S 4G. This root hack comes as a great relief for all those Sprint Nexus SG owners reluctant to try one of those lengthy and complex ADB rooting methods.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
So let’s cut the rant short and see how you can root your Nexus S 4G with a single click:
1. The first step is to download One Click Root For Nexus S/Nexus S 4G package file from here and save it on your PC desktop for easy access.
2. Once done, extract the zip file but do not change any of the contents in the folder.
3. Now connect your Google Nexus S 4G to the computer and enable USB Debugging. You can go to settings > applications > development and enable USB Debugging. Do not mount SD Card when you connect the phone with PC.
4. Now open One Click Nexus S 4G Folder and install drivers for your device. PDANetA300x64 drivers are for 64 Bit Windows and PDANetA300 are for 32 Bit.
5. Once you are done with installing drivers, double click RUN.EXE.
6. Now follow onscreen instructions to root your Nexus S 4G.
And there you go! If everything goes as planned, you will have your Nexus S 4G rooted within no time. Once the process of rooting is complete, reboot your device and download Root Checker from Market to verify root. In case you need more information or want to discuss some aspects of this tool, then head to the XDA thread.