Our Android loving friends on Sprint, we’ve got some great news for you! Sprint has finally unleashed another 4G device and the only difference is that this device is from Samsung rather than HTC. Going by the name of Samsung Epic 4G, this is a high-end Android device with a side-sliding full qwerty keyboard, and belongs to Samsung’s Galaxy S series; you can consider it the Sprint variant of the international Galaxy S I9000, with an added side-sliding keyboard. For the detailed spec sheet of this latest 4G device as well as it’s expected price information, continue reading.
This Android powered Samsung Epic 4G will join Sprint’s family as the second 4G phone on the network, after the release of HTC EVO 4G. As mentioned above, this phone is actually Sprint’s version of Samsung Galaxy S and can be ranked higher than HTC EVO 4G in terms of specs and features.
Excited? Want to learn more about all this device has to offer? Here are the detailed specs of Samsung Epic 4G: View in gallery
- 1.0 GHz Cortex A8 Hummingbird Processor
- Android 2.1 Eclair OS With Customized UI
- Super AMOLED 4 Inch Touch Screen With Pinch-To-Zoom
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
- 3G/4G Compatible
- WI-FI Hotspot Tethering
- 5 Mega Pixel Primary Camera With 2592 x 1944 Pixels And Autofocus
- MP4, DivX, WMV, H.264/H.263 Video Playback Capability
- 720p Video Recording Capability
- Slider 5-row QWERTY Keyboard [Not Present In Stock Samsung Galaxy S]
- EVDO Rev A/ Wi-Max
- 3.5mm Headphone Jack
- Proximity Sensor
- Pre-Loaded 16-GN MicroSD Card
The exact release date and pricing has not been revealed yet. We can very well speculate that this phone will be available for around $199 with 2 year contract. According to sources, this phone will be initially shipped with Android 2.1 Eclair and will get Android 2.2 Froyo later on.