We have official word from Samsung that it will be launching the much awaited Android powered Galaxy series phone, Samsung Galaxy Beam, in July this year. The most anticipated feature of this phone is the PICO projector integration, that will allow users to broadcast videos on a projection screen, right from the phone itself. Complete spec sheet, more information and expected price after the jump.
As smartphones continue evolving, they have started to include features not thought possible a few years back. Just ask yourself, could you – in the wildest of your imaginations – expect a smartphone to have a built-in projector just 5 years back? People could only dream of such things back then, and now that dream is becoming a reality. While there have been other manufacturers releasing similar PICO projector equipped phones in the past, they have been few and far between. Samsung’s offering aims to bring it to the masses with the Galaxy Beam.
Here are some detailed specs that the device will boast, according to Samsung:
- 3.7” Inch WVGA Super AMOLED Display
- PICO Projector [Broadcast Videos On Walls]
- 8 Mega Pixel Camera Rear Camera
- Front Facing VGA Camera
- Android 2.1 Eclair OS with Custom Samsung UI
- Video Calling Feature
- Wi-Fi 801.11.n
- SMS/MMS/Active Sync Exchange/ Email
- MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA Audio Formats Supported
- 720p HD video Recording
- 1800 mAH Battery
- 7.2Mbps HSPA On 3G (900/ 1900/ 2100 MHz)
- Mobile AP (wireless Internet Tethering)
- All Share DLNA
- TV Out
- MPEG4, H.264, H.263, WMV, DIVX, WMA Video Playback Supported
- Edge, GPRS, GSM Quad Band
Although there is no official word on pricing of Samsung Galaxy Beam yet, but we can foresee it to carry a USD 450 to USD 550 price tag.