Although one can see Samsung plunging right in the middle of the Android scene by launching the Galaxy S series, that doesn’t mean it has stopped catering to the local markets, especially in Asia. Samsung is out with their all new Nori SHW-A220 phone especially designed for the South Korean market. According to our sources, this phone is priced at USD 551 in Korea. For the full spec sheet and more information, continue reading.
Here are the specs of Samsung Nori (SHW-A220):
- 3 Inch 256 Color TFT Touch Screen Display with 240 x 400 Pixels Resolution
- GSM 850/900/1800/1900 for 2G Connectivity
- 3G Enabled with HSPA
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g
- 3. 15 Mega Pixel Rear Camera with Image Resolution of up to 2048×1536 Pixels and Video Recording Support
- 1.3 Mega Pixel Front Camera for Video Call
- TV Tuner with T-DMB Radio Transmission Technology
- GPS Receiver with A-GPS Support
- Bluetooth 2.1 with A2DP
- MicroUSB 2.0
- MicroSD Card Slot with up to 16 GB SD Card Support
- 1000 mAH Li-Ion Battery
- Video Player with MP4/H.264/H.263 Codecs Support
- Predictive Text Input Touch Keyboard
- Etiquette Mode
- Polyphonic, MP3 or WAV Ringtones
In Korean, the word “Nori” means “play”, so as the name suggests that you can fully customize this phone according to your choice and of course, “play” with it. We don’t really know if this cell phone will invade the western market for sure but the price tag might act as a big thumbs down.
Samsung Nori is available in Festival Orange, Indigo Blue, French Blue and Fuchsia Pink colour choices. As you can judge from the colour choice, the phone is targeted primarily at the teenage market. Though if you are an adult but are on great terms with the child inside you, it may still be the right phone for you.