Although Samsung Infuse 4G comes with a powerful camera, but using it through onscreen taping is nothing compared to using side buttons. Well you can’t remap volume buttons to take photos, but you can make your phone’s power button to do the deed. This camera mod specifically designed for Samsung Infuse 4G comes from Frooty at XDA. According to him, this mod empowers you to take pictures using power button and lets you make videos / take pictures even when the battery is less than 15%. The developer is consistently supporting this mod and the newest release is pretty much bug free and is safe for public consumption.
Here is the step by step guide to install Power button picture capture camera mod on your Infuse 4G:
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- The first step is to make sure that you have root on your phone [Video Guide] along with ClockworkMod Recovery installed. It is also advisable to make a backup of your current camera app using root explorer or Titanium backup. It is also worth mentioning that this hack is specifically designed for non-stock deodexed ROMs. If you flash this on a non-deodexed ROM, the camera will start force closing.
- Now download the mod zip file from here, connect your phone to the computer and copy it to SD Card root.
- Once done, reboot your Infuse 4G is ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Once in the recovery, go to Install Zip from SD Card and select CameraMod-1.1.zip from the resulting menu.
- Now flash the file and wait for the process to complete.
- After the flashing / installation of the zip file is complete, reboot your device.
- Once booted, tap to launch camera and try to take pictures from power button.
And there you have it! In case you are facing any glitches or need to report bugs, then please head to the official XDA thread here.