If you’re here, you have probably managed to update your S-OFF and rooted EVO View 4G to Honeycomb 3.2, consequently ending up soft bricking your device. Luckily, there is a solution out of it that will fix your device in no time and have it back, up and running tahnks to Android Central forum member and developer beezy. So lets not waste more time, and get down to business!
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- ADB installed on your system. See our guide on what is ADB and how to install it.
- Custom recovery image. Download.
- A custom ROM, or a Nandroid backup of your previous ROM.
- To begin, download the recovery and copy it to the fastboot folder in the Android SDK folder.
- Put your device into fastboot mode. (Power the device off. Holding Volume down and the Power button, boot into hboot.)
- Using the Volume keys, select fastboot.
- Now connect the device to the PC via USB and open command prompt or the terminal.
- Within the terminal or command prompt, navigate to the fastboot folder in the Andorid SDK and enter the following command:
fastboot flash recovery cwm-184.108.40.206-express.img
- Once the recovery is flashed, on your device, go back into hboot and select recovery to boot into it.
- Once in the recovery, you are now free to flash a custom ROM or restore a Nandroid backup you may already have.