In case you managed to get S-OFF on your HTC Droid Incredible 2 along with root, then there is some great news for you. Folks over at Chinese DIYPDA forums have managed to port bits and pieces of MIUI Android 2.3.4 Custom ROM on Droid Incredible 2 with CyanogenMOD kernel empowering the implant.
According to initial testers and commentators, the ROM is working fine with some ignorable bugs and glitches related to 720p Recording and Playback. However you will need to Google for a compatible English pack for this ROM.
And in case you have an Incredible 2 that has S-ON, then you will have to wait as team behind AlphaRevX is hard at work to do the deed for this phone. And in the meanwhile, if you have S-OFF with root on your device, then follow the instructions below to install MIUI ROM on your Droid Incredible 2:
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- The first step is to make sure that your device is S-OFF and has permanent root.
- Now install ClockworkMod Recovery on your phone following the guide posted here. CWM version 220.127.116.11 is suggested for flawless installation.
- Once done, download MIUI ROM for Droid Incredible 2 from here and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD Card root.
- Next reboot your device in ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Once your phone boots in recovery, follow onscreen options to do a complete Wipe of your device.
- Now navigate to “Install Zip from SD Card” option and flash / install the MIUI ROM.
- Wait for the procedure to complete and after that, reboot your device.
And if everything goes as planned, you will now boot into MIUI ROM on your phone. Please note that this version is an early alpha and you can come across bugs and other issues. In case you are facing any difficulty or need support, then please consult XDA thread here or click here for DiyPDA forums.