Samsung Droid Charge is a high-end Android phone that debuted with 4.3 Inch AMOLED plus display carrying Android 2.2 Froyo on board. Due to the slim design and 4G LTE capability on board, the phone was able to gather massive fan base within days on its release. The primary camera of Droid Charge comes with a whooping 8.0 Megapixel resolution along with shot modes like Action, Add Me, Cartoon, Smile Shot etc. The phone can capture video at 720p HD and play back the same rate with a convenient HDMI TV out port also on board.
Although the camera of Droid Charge is one of the best in the industry, but taking photos by tapping on the screen isn’t much appreciated by many. Many of the Droid Charge owners were looking for a method to create one of the physical buttons available on phone as camera shutter. knyghryda, XDA member and Android modder, is out with his custom Camera.apk for Droid Charge that let’s you snap pictures using the power button. This modded camera app for Droid Charge also comes with low battery check removed so you can take photos at any battery level without hindrance. Currently the version 0.2 is available and the developer intends to bring other buttons for shutter such as search and menu in later builds / releases.
Here is the step by step guide to use power button as shutter for Droid Charge camera:
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
Requirements: View in gallery
Droid Charge With Root and ClockworkMod Recovery Installed
- The first step is to make sure that you have root on your device along with CWM recovery installed. You can check the link in Requirements section above for rooting and CWM installation instructions.
- Once you are done with rooting and installing CWM on your phone, download modified camera app zip file from here and save it on your SD Card root.
- After this reboot your device in ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Once you are in the recovery, head to “Install Zip From SD Card” option and install the modded camera zip file you earlier copied to SD Card.
- After the flashing / installation is complete, reboot your device.
- Now once your device reboots, tap on camera app and verify if you can snap photos with power button.
In case you are facing any issues or need direct support for developer, then head to the official XDA mod thread posted here.