View in galleryGood news for Hulu fans using Samsung Galaxy S Series devices (I9000, Fascinate, Epic 4G, Captivate, Vibrant, Mesmerize, Showcase) – if your device is running Android 2.2 FroYo, you can now enable Hulu access on it and watch all your favorite TV shows and movies right on your Android phone. Read on for the complete method.
This hack to enable Hulu on Samsung Galaxy S Series devices has been shared with us by XDA-Developers forum member nc2nc2 and it involves quite a clever trick – simply flashing a modified version of Flash Player to your device that is capable of Hulu playback.
While originally released for the Sprint Epic 4G, it has been tested to work on Fascinate by another XDA-Developers forum member lucas.scott and will potentially work on other Samsung Galaxy S series devices as well.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted Samsung Galaxy S Series device running Android 2.2 Froyo. You can root your device by following the appropriate instructions at our Android rooting guide.
- ClockworkMod Recovery already installed on the device.
- Flash Player installer zip with Hulu support.
- The latest version of Hulu app.
- Reboot your phone into recovery and to be safe, perform a nandroid backup.
- Install the flash installer zip to your phone from recovery.
- Reboot into Android and launch Market.
- Navigate to Adobe Flash Player and uncheck automatic updates.
- Install the latest version of the Hulu app using the APK provided above.
In case it doesn’t work, uninstall Adobe Flash updates from Market and repeat the whole process. That should fix it and you should now be able to watch Hulu on your phone.