View in galleryThe HTC HD2 is one defiant mobile device. It simply refuses to give into the pressures of age and evolution! From Windows Mobile to Android to WP7 and now, WP7.5 Mango. The Dark Forces Team, the same people who brought us the port of WP7 to the HD2, have done it once again and have a working Mango port for the device, but have not released it yet.
However, with that old hardware in place that is Windows Phone 7 non specific, it is no surprise that there are glitches that exist right now. Regardless of that while the release has not been made public, the developers have released a video of WP7.5 Mango which shows us the multi tasking feature as well.
The ROM is still a Beta for now and has the following glitches right now:
- The Marketplace doesn’t work.
- HTC Hub doesn’t come pre installed and also searching the marketplace gives no results.
- Mango is said to support HTML5 but this build unfortunately doesn’t, as shown us in the Mango HTML5 Speed Reading.
- As with any unlocked phone, the APN isn’t pre-programmed into the phone so it has to be added. It’s a little annoying since T-Mobile has three from which to choose. All three show “3G” in the status bar but only one truly connects. It was epc.voicestream.com.
- Toggling the data radio causes the phone to freeze then reboot about 60% of the time.
- As mentioned, the Marketplace doesn’t work when you try to install something. But it does work for multimedia – I bought some music last night without issue.
So all those Windows Phone 7 fans with HD2 can cross their fingers and dwell in anxiety as they wait for this WP7.5 Mango port to be released.
Update: You can now easily upgrade your HTC HD2 to Windows Phone 7 Mango update by following the instructions provided here.