It is an exciting day for all Ubuntu users who want to give something back to Ubuntu in one way or the other. Ubuntu has announced Ubuntu Developer Week!, which is one week of action-packed sessions starting from Monday, 31st August 2009 to Friday, 4th September 2009.
Ubuntu has been hitting the top charts for the last four years and has become the most popular Linux distribution with the biggest online community and millions of users. Ever wondered how Ubuntu development works? How to get involved yourself? Well your questions will be answered in these sessions.
Ubuntu Developer week is a series of online workshops and here is how it works:
- Take a look at the schedule here and pick the session(s) you are interested in.
- For each session you want to join, join #ubuntu-classroom on irc.freenode.net.
- Feel free to ask your questions in #ubuntu-classroom-chat
- Have a great time learning how to make Ubuntu better and get to know the awesome community!
The sessions will cover a lot of topics including:
- Getting Started with Ubuntu Development
- Packaging Perl Modules
- Fun with Python Plasmoids
- Fixing small bugs in Ubuntu
- Kernel Triaging and Debugging
- Getting started with Launchpad development
- Fixing an Ubuntu bug using Bazaar
- Writing secure software
- Effectively testing for regressions
- and many more..