Windows 7 comes with DirectX 11 pre-installed, Microsoft has made it available for Windows Vista as well. If you bought a new DirectX 11 compatible GPU card and are looking to perform a benchmark test then give Heaven Benchmark a shot.
It is among the first complete benchmark tool that fully supports DirectX 11 graphic cards. It is developed by Unigine which has developed various different benchmark tools as well.
View in gallery
It also supports DirectX9, DirectX10, and OpenGL, the complete list of features are:
- Support of DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11 and OpenGL
- Comprehensive use of tessellation technology
- Advanced SSAO (screen-space ambient occlusion)
- Volumetric cumulonimbus clouds generated by a physically accurate algorithm
- Dynamic sky with light scattering
- Interactive experience with fly/walk-through modes
- Benchmark mode
Hardware Tessellation is a new feature and requires GPU card with DirectX 11 support. This feature is new and quite impressive. To see it in action, watch the video below.
Download Heaven Benchmark (First tool on top)