The reason for covering so many applications of the same kind is that each user has a different requirement, and every application offers something different with respect to its features. In the last few days, we have covered quite a lot of application that allow you to place and manage Sticky Notes on your desktop. Well, we are not finished yet. Previously, we have covered Sticky7Notes, hott notes, and Stick A Note among many others. Today, we have another open source note taking application called GloboNote that lets you add and manage Sticky Notes on your desktop. It is a platform independent application and can run on any operating system that has Java 6 or higher installed. It allows you to set alarms for a note, sports a built-in calculator for performing simple calculations and has the capability to attach files with the note and paste images in it. Keep reading to find out more about GloboNote.
The note looks like that of any other note taking application. You can edit the title by right-clicking and choosing Rename Title and add/edit text by double-clicking it.
Other than the title renaming option, the right-click context menu reveals a lot more options, including Assign to Group, Edit Text, Save Note, Hide Note, Park Note etc.
The Preferences window of the note lets you configure the Appearance and Alarm settings for each individual note, such as Color, Hotkey, Bounds etc.
Whenever the note is not active, automatically it gets neatly stacked with only the title visible. This helps to avoid cluttering of the desktop if you have the habit of creating a lot of notes.
The General Preferences window (accessible by right-clicking the system tray icon of GloboNote) enables you set default settings for Appearance, Key and Sounds, Security, Main settings, Date & Time Format etc.
The list of features according to the developer is as follows:
- Platform Independent. Run on any OS that has Java 6 or higher installed
- Set Alarms. Remind yourself of important events. Set recurring alarm, play custom sound (*.wav, *.aiff or *.mp3)
- Build-in Calculator. Enter the calculation in the note then press F2
- Organize notes in group. Display/Hide notes according to group
- Customize notes. Change color, font, behavior of your note
- Create note templates and load it using hotkeys(ALT-1 to ALT-4)
- Search Notes. Locate your notes using the search tool. Search while you are typing
- Attach files on note then double click to launch it
- Attach images on notes. Paste image from clipboard to note
- Support for URLs handling. (Ctrl + Click on the URL and the appropriate application will be launched)
- Find/Replace the content of the note
- Make note to always stay on top of other window
- Support for rich text editing with bold, italic, colour etc
GloboNotes is a platform independent portable application and works on any operating system with Java 6 or higher installed.