PsyMP3 is portable opensource audio player sporting a simple, minimalistic, and keyboard-driven user interface. It is a general, all-round, simple media player named after the bar spectrum visualization, which is a simple psychovisual display.
When started, select the song that you want to add to the playlist, you can only add one song at a time. When done, click Cancel and the songs will start playing automatically.
Files can be chosen in multiple formats by changing the Files of Type drop down box. It supports the following file types:
- ISO/MPEG Layer-III Audio (MP3)
- Ogg Vorbis and Ogg FLAC
- Windows Media Audio
- Native FLAC
- M3U Playlists
PsyMP3 is straightforward audio media player which can be entirely controlled by the keyboard.
The following keys will come useful when controlling the music player:
- SPACE: Pauses and resumes playback
- ESC or Q:Close PsyMP3
- LEFT: Rewinds playback, 1.5 seconds at a time
- RIGHT: Fast forwards playback, 1.5 seconds at a time
- R: Restarts the playing track
- L: Loads a new track into this playlist slot temporarily
- I: Appends a new track to the end of the playlist
- B: Turns on “Repeat Track”
- Z: Displays frame rate counter
It provides Last.fm Scrobbler support by showing Now Listening and your Last.fm user profile page will state that you are using PsyMP3! It will create a file by name “lastfm_config.txt” where you need to enter your username and password to connect with Last.fm. It also works with Yahoo Messenger, Windows Live Messenger, and remote control via the Winamp remote-control interface (e.g. Foxy Tunes, the Winamp toolbar, etc.) by showing Now Playing audio file name.
Complete details with video demonstration is available on the author’s product page.
It works on Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP.