In many instances, a cursory Google search is enough to familiarize you with any topic, but there are cases when you want to know everything there is to know about your object of interest. For such thorough researches, you have to browse through Wikipedia, YouTube, images, and a lot of other sources related to the subject. Dunno is an app that saves you all this trouble by researching anything for you! All you have to do is define a keyword or phrase, and then leave Dunno to do its job. The app integrates information from all the most important resources around the web, and you can view all this accumulated data at your own leisure. Read on if you want to know more about this really helpful iOS and Mac app.
Dunno is an app that is really easy to use. To get started, you will have to create a new app-specific account, but that requires nothing more than your email ID and a new password. Your Dunno account lets you view the results of your research assignments on the go, as everything is synced automatically between the iOS and Mac apps of the service. So how exactly can you use Dunno? Just tap the textbox on the main page and enter the topic you want to research. You can add as many topics as you want to your Dunno list, and the app will keep listing them based on their time of creation.
Dunno uses color-coding to let its users know as soon as a research project is complete, so that you can view the relevant data at a single glance. The data listed by the Dunno app consists of the following sections.
- Top Result: Similar to Google’s “I’m feeling Lucky” option.
- Images: Not just Google image results; Dunno pulls relevant images from a variety of sources.
- Web: Search results other than the top one.
- Wikipedia: This section of the app doesn’t list just the main Wikipedia entry of the searched topic, you can find all entries that are even remotely related to your search term.
- News: Doesn’t require any explanation.
- YouTube: Dunno presents its users with videos related to the research material, and you can view them within the app.
- iTunes: All the iBooks, apps and music related to the search are present here.
Dunno is available for both Mac and iPhone as a free download, and you can download the app from the links provided below.
Download Dunno for iPhone, iPad & iPod touch
Download Dunno for Mac