Today, we’re going to tackle the best builds for Kodi 17 Krypton — we’ve narrowed down the list of options out there to a top ten list, and we’ll walk you through each one of those to help pick the right one for you. We confirm that they all work and can be installed — at the time of writing, and urge you to leave a comment at the bottom of this article, if anything isn’t smooth when you try to install these builds.
Streaming with Kodi? You Should Use a VPN
While Kodi is completely legal to download and use, some of its third-party add-ons may allow users to access restricted content. As a result, ISPs and copyright holders have taken a rather dim view of Kodi as a whole, and may levy warnings, fines or more extreme measures against its users, even if their activity conforms to the letter of the law.
To reduce this legal liability, we recommend making use of a virtual private network, which will anonymize your traffic while streaming with Kodi (or doing anything else online, for that matter). While there are indeed many services available on the market, we’ve narrowed down our pick for the best using the following criteria: fast connection, no logging, large network of proxy servers and wide software availability across devices.
The Best VPN for Kodi – IPVanish
As a Kodi user, you need a premium VPN with top-notch security and speed. For this purpose, we recommend IPVanish wholeheartedly. This provider offers best-in-class speed, along with un-crackable 256-bit AES encryption. Additionally, IPVanish never keeps logs, so your activity can never be used against you. You’ll love using their massive network of 850 servers in 6o countries to bypass geo-blocking and ensure a strong connection at all times. Finally, IPVanish’s software is available on all major operating systems, and can even be found on niche devices like the Amazon Fire TV stick.
IPVanish offers a 7-day money back guarantee which means you have a week to test it risk-free. Please note that Addictive Tips readers can save a massive 60% here on the IPVanish annual plan, taking the monthly price down to only $4.87/mo.
What Is a Kodi Build?
Let’s face it: Kodi can be a little complicated to get up and running, especially for a new user. Because of this, Kodi builds are rising in popularity. After all, the idea of a Kodi build is to offer a full-fledged Kodi experience, complete with all of the best add-ons, for about the same amount of effort as it takes to install a single Kodi add-on. Enough people find this idea attractive for pre-made builds to enjoy significant popularity in the Kodi community. A build will often ship with custom wallpapers, tasteful UI adjustments and everyone’s favorite streaming add-ons pre-installed so that the user doesn’t need to individually track down and install each one. The main downside of Kodi builds is in keeping them updated, ensuring they’re compatible with your version of Kodi and depending on the people who run it to keep it updated.
Fortunately, all of the builds on this list are confirmed working on Kodi Krypton as of September 2017. So you don’t need to worry about any headaches beyond getting them installed in the first place.
How Is a Kodi Build Installed?
To install a Kodi build, you first need to install its repository. Once you’ve installed its repository, you have to install the program add-on from that repository that contains the setup wizard for the build. After running that setup wizard and relaunching Kodi, you’ll be able to use your latest Kodi build to its fullest potential. If you already have Kodi installed on your PC, I highly recommend clearing your pre-existing installation before installing a Kodi build, or else the add-ons within may interfere with each other. While we can’t walk you through each of the individual installations for the builds in this article, we’ll link the appropriate repositories for each of the entries below.
Top 10 Best Builds For Kodi 17 Krypton
As of September 22nd, 2017, all of these builds are confirmed working! Leave a comment if any of these builds stop working.
1. CellarDoor TV
- What repo do I get this build in? N/A
- What file do I need to install? https://cellardoortv.com/wizard/
- What is it best for? General variety streaming, constant updates
CellarDoor TV is an incredibly solid solution for general IPTV streaming, and is praised all over for its interface. It’s also updated fairly regularly, and may well be the best build for Kodi Krypton right now.
2. Smash 4K
- What repo do I get this build in? https://mediarepos.net/kodistuff/
- What file do I need to install? SMASHWizard.zip
- What is it best for? Streaming HD and 4K video
In a close second is Smash 4K, aka the build from the developers who made the great Smash Repository. Smash 4K has all you need for general streaming, but as its name may suggests, it specializes in 4K streams. It’s certainly one of the best, but is recommended for high-end systems only.
3. Misfits Mods
- What repo do I get this build in? https://misfitmods.com/mmwiz/repo/
- What file do I need to install? https://misfitmods.com/mmwiz/repo/plugin.program.misfitmods-1.1.zip
- What is it best for? Sports streaming and general
Misfits Mods is a potent, regularly-updated Kodi build that looks to be a streaming powerhouse. Its set of add-ons are particularly great for streaming live sports, but the build can still do general streaming too.
4. Kryptikz ZT
- What repo do I get this build in? https://repozip.teamzt.seedr.io/
- What file do I need to install? ZTWizard.zip
- What is it best for? General streaming and superhero-themed skins
Kryptikz ZT is really just your typical streaming-oriented Kodi build, with one big difference: all of its skins are based on comic book superheroes! If you’re into that kind of thing, this build may be the right pick for you.
5. Ares Build
- What repo do I get this build in? https://ares-repo.eu/
- What file do I need to install? Ares Wizard
- What is it best for? General viewing, frequent updates
The Ares Build is maintained by the folks responsible for the Ares Repository, and so is one of the most well-updated/well-maintained Kodi builds out there. Because of this, it comes highly recommended.
- What repo do I get this build in? https://repo.supremebuilds.com/
- What file do I need to install? Supreme Builds Wizard (within Program add-ons, after installing the repo)
- What is it best for? Sports, kids, Spanish language content
Titanium is the premiere Kodi build from Titanium Builds. It’s generally solid, but especially for people based in Spanish-speaking countries who want non-English content. It also has plentiful add-ons for viewing kid-friendly content and sports, which makes it a fine family-friendly Kodi build.
7. FireTV Guru
- What repo do I get this build in? https://firetvguru.net/
- What file do I need to install? FireMC 17.3 With Wizard (on web page)
- What is it best for? Streaming on the Amazon Fire TV
The FireTV Guru build is optimized explicitly to make the most of the Amazon Fire TV. It can also be installed on other lightweight Android devices.
8. Pulse CCM Build
- What repo do I get this build in? https://ares-repo.eu/
- What file do I need to install? Ares Wizard. You’ll also need to generate a PIN here: https://ares-pin.eu/pin.php?action=getbuildpin
- What is it best for? Live TV
The Pulse CCM build specializes in Live TV streaming. If you’re interested in watching as much live IPTV as possible, this is the build for you.
9. No Limits Magic Build
- What repo do I get this build in? https://nolimitsbuilds.com/kodi/
- What file do I need to install? https://nolimitsbuilds.com/kodi/plugin.video.nolimitswizard.zip
- What is it best for? General streaming
The No Limits Magic Build isn’t flashy, but it’s a solid option that earned its place on this list for its reliability and utility.
- What repo do I get this build in? https://wookiespmc.com/wiz/
- What file do I need to install? Click me – succumb to The Wookie.zip
- What is it best for? General viewing
The Wookie build occasionally falls behind on updates, but it’s generally fairly well-made when it does update. A more lax update schedule means that more add-ons don’t work properly, though, so that unfortunately lands Wookie at the bottom of our list for now.
Those are the top 10 working Kodi Krypton Builds, as of September 2017. Do you agree or disagree with our picks? Feel free to comment below and let us know!
If you need a VPN for a short while when traveling for example, you can get our top ranked VPN free of charge. NordVPN includes a 30-day money-back guarantee. You will need to pay for the subscription, that’s a fact, but it allows full access for 30 days and then you cancel for a full refund. Their no-questions-asked cancellation policy lives up to its name.