Group F of the FIFA World Cup 2018 is where the current holders have been drawn and while they will fancy their chances of progressing again, it doesn’t look like Germany will have things all their own way. They open the defense of their title against Mexico, a team that may lack individual star players, but which still boasts plenty of quality throughout its squad. Sweden is another side that tends to play better than their individual reputations would suggest, and this latest incarnation is no exception. And while South Korea are the underdogs, they reached the semi-finals as recently as 2002, so cannot be written off altogether.
- 1 Best VPN to watch Group F of the World Cup
- 2 How to use ExpressVPN to stream Group F World Cup matches
- 3 Where to watch World Cup Group F Games
- 4 All about World Cup Group F
- 5 Conclusion
In this article, we will explain how to watch Germany v Mexico, Sweden v South Korea, and every other Group F game live. Every World Cup match can be watched on either free to air or low-priced cable channels in some countries around the world. If you don’t live in one of those countries, you can still watch these streams if you use a VPN. In this article, we will give you all the details and information you need to do this and enjoy live coverage of every kick of the ball from Group F.
Best VPN to watch Group F of the World Cup
If you want to watch any of the matches in Group F on an overseas streaming service, you will need to use a VPN to do it. The process is actually a very simple one. For example, if you want to watch games on the two UK broadcasters, BBC or ITV, just connect to a UK-based server. The only difficult part is choosing which VPN to use. But we have tested all the main ones to find the one provider which is head and shoulders above the rest:
Our recommended VPN to watch Group F of the World Cup is ExpressVPN.
Reader special deal: get three months free for the yearly plan.
- Unblocks US Netflix
- 3,000+ super fast servers
- Torrenting/P2P allowed
- Strict no-logs policy for personal information
- Great customer service via chat.
- Month-to-month plan has high cost.
ExpressVPN is the perfect VPN for fans of the World Cup. Their super-fast connections are perfect for reliably streaming live sport online and they don’t come at the expense of security either. ExpressVPN offers 256-bit encryption as standard as well as extra security features such as an IP address checker and DNS leak protection. They also have robust privacy protections which include a guaranteed no-logging policy that can be trusted. ExpressVPN has a huge server network with more than1,500 servers available in 94 different countries. They have no data limits, which means you can watch as many games as you like and also offer a great range of apps for computers, mobile device, smart TVs and even Firesticks. ExpressVPN has got the World Cup covered and is the best VPN for watching all the Group F matches. You can read our full ExpressVPN review here.
How to use ExpressVPN to stream Group F World Cup matches
It’s really simple to use ExpressVPN to watch Group F matches. But some readers will be new to VPNs, while others may not know how ExpressVPN operates. So, we have compiled a short step-by-step guide for you to follow using the two free-to-air UK broadcasters, BBC and ITV, as an example:
- Visit the ExpressVPN website and choose your preferred subscription package. Then follow the simple onscreen instructions.
- Next, visit the Products section of their website and download the correct app for your device. You will also find their app in your app store.
- Open the ExpressVPN app and use the activation code provided in step one to log in.
- Select a United Kingdom server and click on it. If it doesn’t connect automatically, just click the Connect button too.
- Lastly, visit the BBC and ITV streaming sites at the BBC iPlayer or ITV Hub respectively. If you don’t have an account with either broadcaster already, you will want to sign up for one. There are simple on-screen guidelines to help you do this and all you will need is a UK post code (such as B52 4TT)
Where to watch World Cup Group F Games
In many countries, you are able to watch all the World Cup games for free. But this is not the case anywhere and unless you want to stump up big cable TV subscriptions, then you may find yourself resorting to unofficial third-party services such as Kodi. But that is not your only option. You can also use a VPN to stream games from an official broadcaster from overseas too. Here is a brief rundown of some of the best broadcasters you can use to watch live coverage of World Cup Group F matches:
- UK – In the UK, World Cup games are shared between the BBC and ITV, which are both free-to-air channels. This means you can stream all Group F games and the rest of the tournament too on the BBC iPlayer or the ITV Hub for free.
- USA –Fox Sports has the rights to stream matches with English commentary in the USA too. You can stream their coverage online for free if it is included in your Cable TV package or Sling TV subscription. If not, you can sign up for the FOX Soccer Match Pass which will set you back $19.99 a month but does offer a 7-day trial period. If you want Spanish commentary, you can try Telemundo Deportes, whose coverage will also be streamed on the NBC Sports platform.
- Canada – In Canada, there are three channels broadcasting every World Cup game live. CTV, RDS, and TSN will all be streaming games online as well, but you will need a cable TV signup to watch.
- Australia – Optus Sports has the rights to show all the World Cup games live in Australia. You can watch their coverage on any Optus packages, but even non-Optus viewers can subscribe to the sports channel alone for a very affordable A$15 per month.
All about World Cup Group F
The World Cup holders are expected to be there or there abouts again. If they can indeed retain the trophy, they will be the first country since Brazil in 1962 to achieve such a feat. They stormed through their qualifying group with a 100% record and showed that they have plenty of potency throughout their side as no fewer than 21 different players scored goals on the way to Russia. The depth of their squad is staggering, yet there is no standout player to highlight. Mesut Ozil, Thomas Muller, and Toni Kroos will all be viewed as leading lights, but just about every German player could be the one to power this team to glory again.
Mexico won Olympic gold in soccer at the London 2012 Olympics and many of that U23 team is now in the full squad. Their World Cup record is distinctly average, but they have been a strong presence in CONCACAF football for a long time and bring a strong defense to Russia along with some genuine goalscoring talent in the likes of Javier Hernandez and Carlos Vela.
The Swedes qualified for Russia by beating Italy in a two-legged playoff and fully deserve to be in Russia this summer. They also out-qualified the Netherlands too to make it to their first World Cup since 2006. With the retirement of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, the team has no star man but is a tightly knit unit with the likes of Emil Forsberg and Marcus Berg adding a touch of quality in front of a solid and dependable defense.
South Korea is not highly fancied to achieve anything in this tournament either at home or aboard. They qualified second in their group but failed to win away in places like Syria and Uzbekistan, which doesn’t bode well when they face Germany. While they have a few decent players, including the likes of Heung-Min Son, there is a general dearth of quality and while they have an outside chance of qualification, the odds look stacked against them.
World Cup Group F has plenty to get excited about, not least the chance to see if the holders can live up to their billing. As we have explained, you can stream every match in Group F live no matter where you are based. We have highlighted some of the best channels for this, but you will need a VPN. ExpressVPN is our recommendation as it is quite simply the best one for streaming World Cup games right now.
If you are new to VPNs, we have included a step-by-step guide on how to use ExpressVPN to stream World Cup games. And we have also supplied a short preview of Group F to whet your appetite for the games ahead. If you have any thoughts comments or tips on any aspect of this article, why not share them with us using the comment box below? We always welcome the comments and thoughts of all our readers!