EVO 4G gets Ice Cream Sandwich, and this time it is actually the most stable ROM out there. This comes in from RootzWiki forum member deck whose efforts have led to a ROM that is actually being used by some people as a daily ROM. The ROM, has mostly everything working, but then again, a few FC’s do exist along with some glitches. As far as features are concerned, the ROM’s got most of that covered apart from a broken camera and Wimax. All in all, the ROM is actually very stable.
The USB mass storage mount is buggy, but you can use a mounting app from the Market to resolve that issue.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted EVO 4G. See our guide on how to root the Evo 4G.
- A custom recovery installed. See what is ClockworkMod recovery and how to install it.
- ICS-deck-evo-alpha1 & Google Apps. (Links to the forum page, as ROM will keep updating.)
- To begin, download the ROM and Google Apps package from the link above and copy them to the root of your SD card.
- Boot your device into recovery mode by holding down the Volume down key as your press the Power button.
- Make a Nandroid backup.
- Select wipe data/factory resest, wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache.
- Navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the ROM you copied to your device.
- Once the ROM is flashed, flash the Google Apps package.
- Now simply reboot the device.
For updates and queries, related to this ROM, head over to the forum thread at RootzWiki.