Microsoft Teams has a web interface that is almost as good as its desktop apps. It also has dedicated apps for iOS and Android. Between the web interface that is accessible from any modern web browser, the desktop apps for Windows 10 and macOS, and the iPhone and Android apps, most platforms are covered.
You can comfortably use Microsoft Teams from your desktop or your phone but this still leaves out another small but important platform; tablets.
Microsoft Teams iPad app
The iPad no longer runs iOS. Instead, it runs a variant of iOS called iPadOS which is different from iOS in small but important ways. The good news is that while iPadOS and iOS are both different, Microsoft has developed a dedicated iPad app for Microsoft Teams.
Install Microsoft Teams iPad app
The Microsoft Teams iPad app is free like all the other apps. The features that you see will be subject to the Microsoft Teams license that you’ve purchased or if you’re using Microsoft Teams for free. Installing the app isn’t going to cost anything.
- Visit the App Store on the iPad.
- In the search bar, enter Microsoft Teams.
- Tap Get next to the app developed by Microsoft.
- Authenticate with your Apple ID password, Face ID or Touch ID.
- Microsoft Teams will be installed.
- Sign in with your email and password.
Direct link to app
Microsoft Teams is not restricted to certain countries and it should show up in search however, if it doesn’t, visit this link in a browser installed on your iPad. Accept the prompt to open the App Store app and follow steps 3-5 in the previous section.
Use Microsoft Teams iPad app
The Microsoft Teams iPad app follows the same design rule as the iOS app but since it’s on a much larger screen, it looks quite different.
- You can access chats, teams, and other Microsoft Teams apps from the bar at the bottom.
- Select a chat, team, or app and you can navigate its settings/options from the column on the left.
- To access settings, tap your profile picture at the top left and select Settings from the navigation drawer.
- The Microsoft Teams iPad app supports the Dark Mode on iPadOS.
- To start a meeting, select Teams from the bar at the bottom, select a team, and then a channel. Tap the camera icon at the top right of the channel.
- To access tabs in a channel, tap More at the top right.
- You can add multiple accounts to the Microsoft Teams iPad app.
The Microsoft Teams iPad app is four years old. It has all the features you’ll find on the iPhone app. It’s stable, updates regularly, and gets new features according to the roadmap that Microsoft has set for Teams.