Microsoft Teams has a web interface and its admin panel is accessible exclusively from a web browser. In order to access the Microsoft Teams admin panel, you have to sign in with an account that has been granted admin access.
Microsoft Teams Security Zone Error
In order to sign in to the Microsoft Teams admin center, all you need is access to the right login credentials. There is no set-up needed to access the admin center. That said, some users see the Security Zone Error when they try to log in to the admin center.
1. Enable site tracking
A lot of users have been able to fix the Security Zone Error by enabling site tracking in their browser.
- Open Chrome.
- Paste this in the URL bar, and tap Enter;
- Turn the ‘Send ‘Do not track’ request’ switch Off.
- Open Firefox.
- Paste this in the URL bar, and tap enter;
- Under “Enhanced tracking protection”, select Standard.
- Open Edge.
- Paste the following in the URL bar, and tap enter;
- Turn the ‘Send “Do not track: requests’ switch off.
2. Whitelist Microsoft Teams URLs
The Security Zone Error lists two URLs that are not trusted by your computer. Whitelist them to fix the error.
- Tap the Win+R keyboard shortcut to open the run box.
inetcpl.cpland tap the Enter key.
- Go to the Security tab.
- Select ‘Trusted Sites’.
- Click the Sites button.
- In the input field, enter the following two URLs, one by one;
- Close this window.
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Click the more options button at the top, and select Settings.
- Go to Import Browser data.
- Open the dropdown, and select Internet Explorer.
- Click Import.
- Return to the main Settings page for Edge.
- Go to Account and sign in to your Microsoft account.
- Enable sync for the account.
- Sign in to the Microsoft Teams admin center.
The Security Zone Error appears when your network or your firewall thinks the domains that you’re visiting in order to access the Microsoft Teams admin center are not safe.
The problem manifests in your browser in the form of this error. If you’re running other anti-virus apps, they might be interfering with the connection as well.
Check if there’s an option to whiteilst URLs in the anti-virus app, or try using a different app. You can normally rely on Windows Defender and it will do a decent job of keeping your system safe.